Neuromuscular Massage Near Tampa
Neuromuscular therapy (NMT) is a precise, thorough examination and treatment of the body’s soft tissues using regionally oriented protocols that are taught in a step-by-step process. These time-tested, hands-on techniques are built upon a science-based foundation and guided by clinical evidence. Contact our South Tampa massage therapists to book your appointment!
NMT Assessments and Examinations
Neuromuscular therapy (NMT) at Tampa Bay Sports & Medical Massage assessments involve:
· ischemia (tight tissue with reduced blood flow)
· myofascial trigger points (hypersensitive points within muscles that give rise to referred phenomena, including pain)
· neural entrapment (pressure on nerves by muscles and other soft tissues), and nerve compression (pressure on nerves by osseous and other bonelike tissues, such as cartilage or discs).
· postural assessment (assessment of the position of the body as a whole)
· dysfunctional gait patterns (manner of movement when walking)
With constant consideration for many other perpetuating factors, such as hydration, nutrition, breathing patterns, and psychological stress.
Is NMT For Me?
NMT is highly effective for clients who present with chronic pain and is often successful in reducing or eliminating even longstanding painful conditions. Some of the techniques can also be applied to acute injuries and for post-surgical care; many helps to improve performance in sport or dance and to prevent injuries due to these activities.
Contact Our Tampa Sports & Medical Massage Therapists
The goal of the licensed massage therapists at Tampa Bay Sports & Medical Massage is to help our clients heal and relax. At our South Tampa, FL massage therapy clinic, we fix broken people. Contact us today to book a Neuromuscular massage with our expert medical massage therapists!